Monday, September 20, 2010

I Don't Like Your Ideas!

I don't like your ideas would be a common statement made to a students by your lecturer. Did your lecturer ever tell you why he/she don't like your ideas.When i was doing my undergraduate, my ideas was rejected by my lecturers quite frequent. Every time it was rejected, i did ask for the reason. Every time i ask, i would be very disappointing.

When i did my postgraduate, it was totally different. The questions that I've was answered with diplomacy and accuracy. I was so happy and glad for the treatments given by my supervisor. My supervisor has never leave his students without answering their questions. At least, if he felt that he couldn't answered that particular question, he'll say "I'll get back to you very soon" and he did.

Being a lecturer, i really try my best to accommodate every single question given by my students. My supervisor has taught a great lesson. Instead of saying "I don't like your ideas", why don't you try saying it in more diplomatic manner. Don't forget that all lecturers are students once. If you don't like to be treated the way your lecturers treat you before. Don't you do it to someone else. Be as professional as you can in handling students. Remember! Students nowadays are more matured than our time. Talk to them and discus matters in a proper manner. Get a mutual decision, instead of you decide everything according to your preferences.

This is just my honest opinion. You may agree and you may disagree with it. May you be bless...

2 comments:

  1. "i dont like your ideas"!! 8-)

    jokes aside Azli, nicely put.

    nowdays though myself, it doesn't matter if I like it or not. As long as it communicates something, has been considered deeply and adheres to the learning criteria or outcomes then I'm happy to see where it leads.

    regards

    andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. sy tak suka entri ni sampai bila2.., tapi banyak perkara yg sy belajar dr entri ini.
    Mungkin guru yang terbaik setakat ini.

    kenapa blog ini 'dimatikan', mematikan,termati, kematianatau seangkatan dengannya???..
    Terima kasih En. Azli teruskan berkarya!

    ReplyDelete